If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, January 7, 2017

It's five o'clock somewhere

 

It's five o'clock at "Riverbend" all the time - at least according to this charming little travel alarm which I picked up for a dollar in an op-shop. I bought it for sentimental reasons even though it doesn't work anymore (but it tells the right time twice a day).

You see, I had an almost identical German-made Kienzle "Reisewecker" which stood by my hundreds of different bedsides for twenty years to ensure I'd be at work on time. It never did wake me up as I was always into my first cup of tea already by the time the alarm went off but I used to set it every night just in case. And just in case you need a bit of waking up, here's my favourite five o'clock song:

 

 

Turn up the volume and listen to it while I run up the flag!

 

 

So good morning to you all! Or good afternoon! Or good whatever it may be, because it's five o'clock somewhere!