If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, July 23, 2020

I've been negative all my life and won't change now!

Please note:
When this virus is over, I still want some of you to stay away from me.

 

A dear friend in the Bay got caught up in the COVID-19 scare at the Batemans Bay Soldiers' Club where she had played bingo last week and, having had coffee with Padma since then, suggested we should both get tested and so we did.

An eye-watering jab up the nose and the results are in: "Your COVID-19 test result for a sample collected on 22/07/2020 is NEGATIVE. If you are in isolation, this result does not necessarily mean these measures can be ceased." Am I surprised? Not at all. I've been negative all my life and won't change now!

 

 

Apart from all that self-isolation that's going on, someone on Radio National asked for suggestions of what should replace the hand-shaking and hugging now that we have to learn to live with this invisible virus.

I am sure our neighbours could help! They've been ahead of this virus by giving us their stiff middle-finger birdie-sign from far away for years.


Googlemap Riverbend