If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, June 24, 2010

INVICTUS


Invictus, meaning Unconquerable in Latin, is a poem by William Ernest Henley. The last two lines

"I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul"

are the theme of this quite moving story of Nelson Mandela's early days in power in the new South Africa.

I lived in South West Africa (today's Namibia) in the days of the apartheid regime and I am still amazed at the peaceful transition from that oppressive system to today's "Rainbow Nation". Full credit to Nelson Mandela! Truly a man for his time!

Watch this movie! You'll enjoy it!