If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, May 15, 2022

Adventure before Dementia - Part II

 

Next day we lined up at the Riverboat Postman's ticket office bright and early on a not-so-bright morning. Being used to wet mornings on the Clyde River, the weather left us undeterred.

 

 

While I re-acquainted myself with the trip's itinerary, Padma picked some flowers to drop into the river to commemorate the 1000th day since her father's passing and to mark the end of the grieving period.

 

 

The not-so-bright morning turned to rain. To make up for the lack of sunshine, I kept my hand clasped around a glass of chardonnay. Wasn't it Galileo Galilei who said, "Wine is sunlight, held together by water"?

 

 

While Padma kept clicking away outside, I stayed within easy reach of the bar, and I cannot remember much else of the trip which wasn't a great loss as I had already done it years ago on a much brighter day.

 

 

After a big "Ploughman's Lunch" aboard, we were back in Brooklyn by one o'clock, and I went straight to bed to sleep off all that "sunshine". Several hours and a very long and hot shower later, we went downstairs to find out what's for dinner and what we might do for the rest of day.

 

As we were getting stuck into a huge seafood basket, the publican came over to ask if we wanted to take part in the pub trivia. I didn't want to be too brusque, so I referred him to Hamlet, Act 3, Scene 3, Line 87, which was enough trivia for him to disqualify me from taking part.

 


Googlemap Riverbend