If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

That "On Golden Pond" Moment

 

I have this "On Golden Pond" moment every morning as I look out the window and see the river shining in the early-morning sunlight. I look at it and am reminded of all the people who have brightened my life and who are no longer here. I look at it and I am taken back to those many magical moments in my life.

And as the early-morning sunlight loses its golden sheen, I am also reminded of how fleeting life is and how much we should hold on to those precious moments before they are no longer here, before we are no longer here! Then it is time to feed the ducks on my own golden pond and give the possum in the possum penthouse his banana and then to brew myself my first lemongrass-and-ginger cup of tea of the day.


Googlemap Riverbend