If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

How I went to Africa with Bogart, Bacall and Huston and almost lost my mind


 

I have all of Humphrey Bogart's movies and one of my all-time favourites is The African Queen - never mind that the Germans got a beating!

I've just found a copy of the book The Making of THE AFRICAN QUEEN by Katharine Hepburn which describes the making of this memorable film, together with 45 photographs.

It never ceases to amaze me how the best of finds usually come from my favourite op-shop. And this one is quite a find!