If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, August 30, 2015

25,567 days old - but who's counting?

 

With my 70th birthday only days away, I received this timely email from a friend on Karragarra Island:

"Since you are soon 70, you're rapidly catching up with me (I'm now 77). It's no fun growing old. So far I've had bowel cancer resulting in a colostomy (2003), blepharospasm which renders me functionally blind at times (circa 1998), a crippled foot due to a bad hip replacement (2006), and a busted appendix (2007) - and I haven't even started to get old yet!"

Thank you so much, Tony! Seems I've got a lot to look forward to. ☺ And I had to look up 'blepharospasm'. Now I know what I'm suffering from every time my credit card statement arrives in the mail. ☺