If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, August 13, 2010

Shapes of Bougainville


Click on image for an in-situ picture

Today is Friday the 13th! I don't suffer from paraskevidekatriaphobia but whenever I see a red plastic chair, I immediately think back to Camp 6 at Loloho on Bougainville Island!

This will only make sense to those of you who shared my experience of the Bougainville Copper Project at a time when the world was young and we were young in it. When things were changing for the better, when old ways were destined to go, before we grew up and had families and houses and career jobs, and the sap of life was slowly drained out of us.



Donations are invited to finance my never-ending battle for the prevention of the extinction of red plastic chairs so as to keep alive my twisted memory of something so trivial.