If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, March 21, 2011

Anyone who thinks a joke about a plumber is funny hasn't had a tap replaced recently.

Wait for the Australian version starring my Plumber-from-Hell


I've really taken a bath on my bathroom renovation: I have paid out $22,000 so far (and counting!) and it's still not finished.

And my Plumber-from-Hell has just resigned!

Resigned? I should've sacked the b%^$%#@ when he pulled the 'spa-pump-in-the-living-room' trick on me two months ago!

To my total horror I have just discovered that the cold-water supply to the vanity is non-existent. No water! None! Zero! Zilch! Nada! Maybe the pipe inside the wall isn't even connected! I won't know what the full extent of the trouble is until we open up the already-tiled-wall again. What a mess!

I almost think that he had already discovered this latest problem and quit before I flipped. I mean, why else had he not connected the wastepipe from the vanity? The absence of a wastepipe had so far stopped me from testing the waterflow.

I have called in a real plumber for tomorrow to fix whatever can be fixed. Whatever cannot be fixed I will have to live with until I've taken my last bath.

In the meantime, I may send a copy of MONEY PIT to my Plumber-from-Hell - as soon as I have found out where he lives.