If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A very sad day



The little black rabbit who adoped this place as his home many years ago and lived a very charmed life what with being fed by me every morning and sunning himself around the house is no more!!!

When we came back yesterday from a drive to Moruya, we found him lying under the big Liquid Amber tree, peacefully expired. I wrapped him in bubble-wrap and gave him a Christian burial next to the old horse, Beauty, who also died of a peaceful old age here.

This morning I went out again with some food looking for him until I realised he was no more. I used to call him simply "Mr Rabbit" and he seemed to answer to is as he hobbled up to me as soon as I called out to him. I guess from now on I should call him Harvey.

I had better stock up on the bubble-wrap as I might be next!