If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, August 28, 2014

All quiet on the Riverbend waterfront

 

Padma has gone to town and left me and the dogs to fend for ourselves. Well, almost: she prepared some lunch snacks and marked them appropriately. Let's hope the dogs can read!

I certainly will, because during my recent trawling through the op-shops I picked up some great books:

The Alchemist and By the River Piedra, I Sat Down & Wept, both by Paulo Coelho; a whole stack of sailing books - Children of Cape Horn and Sonnet and My Old Man and the Sea, and Francis Chichester's Along the Clipper Way; and Lunch with the Generals by Derek Hansen, and Last Seen in Lhasa which is about a trip to Pemako where the myth of Shangri-La was born.

P.S. Read here about my enduring love affair with op-shops.