If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The only place I'm allowed to open my mouth

This is not a photograph of Dr Brodie's dental surgery. He uses a simple old-fashioned wooden rack and a very big pair of pliers - autoclaved after each use, of course ☺

 

Remember the phrase "to give one's eyetooth for something"? Well, this morning I did, although not willingly, as the best dentist on the South Coast, Dr Grant Brodie of Ulladulla, spent a good part of the morning to pull one of mine.

It had taken almost seventy years to grow to its full size in my upper jaw, and for a while it seemed as if it would take another seventy to come out again. More drilling, more cutting, more injections - and lots of whimpering from yours truly as I lay there with my mouth wide open.

It's shut now because I'm back at home. It's only at the dentist's where I'm allowed to open it.


www.tiny.cc/riverbendmap