If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, April 17, 2023

Lutz Preusche did it ...

 

Josef Strummer did it ...

 

 

Henry Schuurman did it ...

 

 

If another German, an Austrian, and a Dutchman can do it, why haven't I yet visited the old Bonegilla Migrant Reception Centre near Albury to point at my own plaque on the memorial wall?

 

 

Muslims have their Mecca and Jews have their Wailing Wall; migrants have their memorial wall at the old Bonegilla Migrant Centre where they began their new lives in their new homeland, full of hopes and dreams.

 

My Bonegilla Registration card. If you're looking for yours, click here

 

I spent my first two nights on Australian soil at the Bonegilla Migrant Centre, after which I checked myself out to begin the adventure of a lifetime - click here. That was me then when I was still smiling ...

 

 

... which I've stopped since, but only because I've lost too many teeth.

Inside, I'm still smiling - in fact, I'm grinning from ear to ear - because my decision to come to Australia in 1965 has been the best decision in my life - and I hope one day I can still make my pilgrimage to Bonegilla!


Googlemap Riverbend