If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, February 1, 2024

Walking away

 

Above all, do not lose your desire to walk. Everyday, I walk myself into a state of well-being & walk away from every illness. I have walked myself into my best thoughts, and I know of no thought so burdensome that one cannot walk away from it ... Thus if one just keeps on walking, everything will be all right."

The 19th-century Danish philosopher and father of existentialism Søren Kierkegaard may not have been the happiest of souls but he could always cheer himself up by taking a walk. A philosopher I ain't but I love walking. It helps me clear my head and reminds me that life is not simply a journey from A to B - or should that be "from B to D"?

I've walked all my life, mainly AWAY: AWAY from an uncaring family home, AWAY from an unpromising fatherland, and forever AWAY from boring jobs because of my low threshold for feeling bored, for that undefined feeling that there had to be always something better.

I'm still walking almost every day but only across the bridge and around the village. I am no longer walking AWAY but at least I am still walking.


Googlemap Riverbend