If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Can it be contained?



Completely out of the blue, a couple from Canberra walked onto the property, asking me whether it was still for sale. At the right price, certainly!

They had bid for another waterfront property in this lane three years ago but got gazumped at the last moment. They have since been looking at other properties in this area, most recently at this one along Runnyford Road. It is in their price range but they find its location a little isolated and would prefer something like "Riverbend".

After their return to Canberra, they sent me this email, "Thank you so much for the time you took to show us around your lovely property yesterday. We will discuss our options with our accountant and contact you early next week."

Well, I won't hold my breath but if it does come to a sale, I also have to consider my options. What will I do with all the things accumulated over the past ten to twenty years? Should I walk out with just a suitcase as I did so many times during my wandering years, or should I buy a 20ft. shipping container and at least keep my huge collection of books and other personal mementos?

Buying my own 20ft. container seems a convenient solution as I could gradually fill it with all my stuff. At a length of 6.06m, a width of 2.44m, and a height of 2.59m, it has a storage capacity of 33 cubic-metres. And it can be purchased with optional extras such as a proper sidedoor and windows to give it many other uses at its final destination --- wherever that may be!

Let's see what happens next week!