If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, June 18, 2020

A question of life and death

 

This time last year I sat for my boat licence. Not that I needed one for my paddle-powered 6ft-dinghy but I was giving moral support to my Chinese "friend" who was going to launch an armada of million-dollar pleasure craft on the Clyde River.

Not surprisingly, nothing came of this and other grandiose plans, made on the spirits of the moment, i.e. mainly Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc.

Which leaves me with this question of life and death: should I renew for three years, five years, or ten years? Should I renew at all? I won't need a licence to be taken across the River Styx. For the right fee, Charon will take me across, so why pay it now to Roads & Maritime Services?


Googlemap Riverbend