If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, March 20, 2023

Happy Birthday, Padma!

 

We visited the Moruya Markets again last Saturday morning. I was on a secret mission to find something suitable to buy Padma for her birthday on Monday, but there was nothing that took either my or her fancy.

However, we didn't leave empty-handed before settling into the Moruya Bowling Club for a beautiful lunch of roast of the day: I picked up two bird whistles from the "Birdman"; one imitating ducks, the other one sounds close enough to a kookaburra. I've promised my neighbours not to practice until they've all gone to sleep so as not to disturb them!

Having failed in my secret mission, I had to fall back on my contingency plan, a lovely cup I had already picked up at Vinnies many weeks ago:

 

 

It's now Monday morning and Padma's birthday, and I made her some tea in the new cup and left it by her bedside. I've no idea how much she will appreciate my thoughtful gift as we're off to the pool. Should you hear of a drowning accident, you will know how it - and I - have gone down!


Googlemap Riverbend

 

P.S. Okay, we did meet up with friends at the Catalina Country Club's coffee shop, and Padma received a "personalised" whoopee cushion!