If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, October 14, 2023

Upper Thames or Upper Clyde, the fun is the same

Hit the 'f'-key for a full-screen viewing

 

My sailing days are over and my motor-sailer is now sailing around Magnetic Island but the memories remain. Memories of sitting on my boat lying at anchor in a peaceful cove, with a glass of Jacob's Creek Merlot in my hand and the radio tuned to FM Classical Music - life didn't get much better!

 

 

Many a night I slept on board. With the companionway left half-open, I watched the stars as the waves gently rocked me to sleep. I had all the victuals in the galley: tinned baked beans, tinned braised steak, tinned rice cream pudding, bread, tea, coffee, sugar, and another bottle of Jacob's Creek!

 

With my Van-Gogh's-ear for music, it could be argued that the Germans should have been required to lay down their accordions along with their arms at the end of the war.

 

Upper Thames or Upper Clyde, the fun is the same.


Googlemap Riverbend