If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, January 21, 2011

Ouch!!!


The market copped a belting this morning. It got so bad that I let my automated trading take over, i.e. I asked Winnie to watch the screen while I sat in my outdoor spa with a bottle of beer in my hand.

It looks like a bloodbath right now but overall the market is still trending up and the US Dollar is falling which supports higher commodity prices which is good for resource stocks.

The one-year trend is still intact


Even so, BHP is 55 cents down at time of writing which on top of yesterday's fall of 86 cents makes my portfolio look a bit sick right now.

Hang in there, Winnie!