If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mist gets in your eyes ...

"Riverbend" plays Misty for me!


... and makes you want to leave for warmer climes!

Which I am doing: I have booked myself onto the Premier Bus Service from Batemans Bay to Sydney Central from where I will catch the overnight XPT train to Brisbane - sleeper class, of course.

After a one-night stop-over in Brisbane to catch up with my German friend Manfred Richter and his wife Tisna, I will step aboard the luxurious Queenslander Class SUNLANDER train to arrive 31 hours later in Cairns. Travel light, travel alone, travel by train!

An old friend from my New Guinea days, Brian Darcey, will meet me on arrival and give me a berth on his yacht, Tekani II.

Before departing Cairns I'll also look up Klaus Herbert whom I met on my last trip to Thursday Island six years ago and who now "hangs out" in his 11th-floor Centrepoint apartment.

Then I set off in my little GETZ hire car on another discovery tour of the Atherton Tablelands and beyond - see "I am often tired of myself".

See you when I get back!