If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

For Sale no more!

After my first week back in wintry "Riverbend", I have decided to pull the FOR SALE-sign.

Following my rather suddenly truncated trip to Far North Queensland where I again looked at a few properties on sale, I have come to the concusion that nothing - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - comes even close to the comfort, the privacy, and the lifestyle that "Riverbend" offers. "Riverbend" will remain my home, come what may! (including frosty winter nights)

I have also booked both of us on a four-week trip to Indonesia to stay with the in-laws in Surabaya for a while and then visit Borobudur in Central Java as well as revisit my old stamping-grounds in Kalimantan, including Banjarmasin, where Padma was born. A week at the gracious Rattan Inn is just what the doctor ordered!

One night at Ibis in Sydney before flying out to Bali where we'll spent two nights at the Bali Prani Hotel near the airport after which we'll catch the Airbus to Surabaya and points beyond.

NOVOTEL Surabaya

While in Surabaya, we'll stay at the beautiful NOVOTEL for a week which makes Surabaya, Indonesia's second-largest city, almost bearable.

Our good friends Val and Terry will housesit "Riverbend" and look after Malty and Rover while we're away.



P.S. Some photos from my last Bali trip.