If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, August 12, 2011

London ablaze


If you spoil a child with excessive gifts and pampering, what will happen when you stop?

That’s right, it will have a tantrum… screaming and demanding more of the same – “I don’t want economic austerity, I want a lolly and a new train set.”

As a parent you’ve got two options: cave in and keep spoiling the brat. Or put up with the tantrum until the child realises things have to change.

Those that argue governments should keep on spending are really saying they want to keep spoiling the child. The result?

A generation of brats who believe they’re entitled to something they haven’t earned or don’t want to pay for – “I don’t want economic austerity, I want free healthcare and welfare payments.”

I bet none of those youngsters shown in those disturbing newsreels have ever worked. As a friend in London emailed me:

"When I saw all those rioters on Tottenham High Street, I knew I had to find somewhere safe to hide so I went into The Job Centre".