If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, August 28, 2011

The devil finds work for idle hands ...


... and right now she wants me to get the vegie garden ready for the spring crop which means making the 2.8 x 2.8m square rabbit- and bird-proof.

A walk-in enclosure is too much work. Instead, I have divided the area into four equal-sized squares and will build a wire-netted cage of 1.3 x 1.3m for each of the squares. Three cages will be just high enough (perhaps 60cm) for ground-hugging crops, while the fourth will be 1 metre high to accommodate staked tomatoes and beans. When each square is planted, a cage is placed over it until it's time to harvest.

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go. I just hope I won't hit my green thumb with the hammer!