If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, March 10, 2013

My other watch is a ROLEX

Almost half-past-seven on Sunday morning! Padma wants to join the God-botherers at St Bernard's Catholic Church while I take the dogs for a walk on the beach.

We'll meet again at the club for lunch which means I must keep an eye on the clock - and what better clock than my old ACME alarm clock! It never failed to wake me up for work, from Apia to Athens, Lüderitz to Loloho, Mt. Isa to Moresby, Rabaul to Rangoon, Tehran to Townsville, and Georgetown to Jeddah.

And now it adds a convincingly humble touch to my request for a pensioner's discount at the club!