If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

All ear!

 

I still remember those long winter nights in the (c)old country, reclining on the much sat-on sofa in the warm kitchen while listening to someone reading a book aloud. We spent much of our time in the kitchen because it was the only warm place in the house, and we often listened to someone reading a book aloud because television had not yet invaded our lives.

 

 

Well, Padma has gone to the village hall to join the Crafty Ladies (aka Stitch & Bitch) and I've spent a peaceful and sunny morning in the 'Clubhouse', listening to an audio-book on the old cassette player while tanning my tootsies.

I listened to "The Riddle of the Sands", only briefly disturbed by Rover's contented sigh next to me in the armchair or the occasional quack from a duck on the pond.

And, yes, I did have a cool BIR BINTANG*, but you would've guessed that anyway, wouldn't you?

 

* as in 'Twinkle, twinkle, little bintang, How I wonder what you are'.