If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, August 30, 2013

Bran Nue Dae

 

With hindsight, my foresight to cut the grass yesterday was spot on as we had soft, drenching rain overnight and everything looks clean and green again.

Received this email from somebody called Danny:

"We were in Nelligen on the weekend and fell upon your property listed for sale while driving down Sproxton's Lane. One quick question first up if I could; Can you tell me if there are any restrictions to building homes on the separate title blocks?"

Oh Danny boy, if I had a dollar for every time somebody has ask me that question I'd be very rich indeed. And what a sordid idea wanting to clutter up these beautiful eight blocks with eight more houses!

And, quite unexpectedly since we're well outside the tourist season, a couple booked into "Riverbend" Cottage for a three-night weekend, starting tonight.

It promises to be an almost perfect weekend by the river, sunny and 25 degrees, so let the good times roll as I read my latest book, Broometime, a documentary-style narrative that centres on the lives of some of the charismatic and original characters who made Broome their home.

It brings back many memories of Thursday Island.