If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, August 18, 2013

When I came back to Australia, I immediately lowered this country's average IQ

 

All I lower now, as I lower myself into the heated pool, is the average age of the assembled geriatrics.

We are a regular crowd: there is Adele and Kathleen and Imogen (not the daughter of King Cymbeline) and on the far right - in keeping with my political leanings - is Padma.

At the edge of the picture is another Peter who's just being 'craned in' and John has made himself invisible by clinging to the edge of the pool.

The water is always a comfortable 30 degrees and we've made a submission to management to instal a swim-up bar.

Why not join us? The drinks are on us!