If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, October 21, 2013

Sydney or the bush

 

It's been three years since I attended my first (and last) Christmas Cocktail Party held by the ANZ Banking Group Retired Officers' Club (NSW) - click here.

I have since started and maintained their blog and the president, Mike Cuneen, wants to catch up with me again. So I have decided to return to "the foetid air and gritty of the dusty, dirty city" and attend this year's Christmas Cocktail Party on the 2nd December 2013.

The Blues Point Hotel, my 'watering-hole' in 1985
when I lived in Sydney for a few months - see here

I've booked myself into the Blues Point Hotel for two nights, not only to attend the party but also to meet up with long-forgotten friends at the Blues Point Yacht Club, to inspect my small rental unit up the road, and to catch up with old friends in the city - if they're willing to have a beer (or two) with me at the hotel.

 

P.S. By the way, a South American scientist from Argentina, after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain and sexual activity read their websites with their hand on the mouse. DON'T BOTHER TAKING IT OFF NOW, IT'S TOO LATE!!!