If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, April 20, 2020

To all my old friends!

 

In "The Mule", Clint Eastwood stars as Earl Stone, a man who is ninety-years-old, broke, alone, and facing foreclosure of his business when he is offered a job that simply requires him to drive. Easy enough, but, unbeknownst to Earl, he's just signed on as a drug courier for a Mexican cartel.

He does well, so well, in fact, that his cargo increases exponentially, and Earl is assigned a handler. But he isn't the only one keeping tabs on Earl. The mysterious new drug mule has also hit the radar of hard-charging D.E.A. Agent Colin Bates (Bradley Cooper). And even as his money problems become a thing of the past, Earl's past mistakes start to weigh heavily on him, and it's uncertain if he'll have time to right those wrongs before law enforcement, or the cartel's enforcers, catch up to him.

Not Eastwood's best performance but the soundtrack's lyrics are rather catching and, given my own and my friends' age, rather appropriate:

 

Don't let the old man in
I wanna leave this alone
Can't leave it up to him
he's knocking on my door

And I knew all of my life
that someday it would end
Get up and go outside
don't let the old man in

Many moons I have lived
My body's weathered and worn
Ask yourself how old you'd be
If you didn't know the day you were born

Try to love on your wife
And stay close to your friends
Toast each sundown with wine
Don't let the old man in

Many moons I have lived
My body's weathered and worn
Ask yourself how old you'd be
If you didn't know the day you were born

When he rides up on his horse
And you feel that cold bitter wind
Look out your window and smile
Don't let the old man in

Look out your window and smile
Don't let the old man in

 

 

Unfortunately, the soundtrack of this full-length YouTube download is distorted, so why not lash out and buy yourself the DVD on ebay before you let the old man come in - I just did!


Googlemap Riverbend