If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

It's been another cold night ...

 

At the risk of repeating myself, I'd say this has been the coldest winter in the twenty-nine years I've been here at "Riverbend". I wished they'd give us that global warming they promised ever since Al Gore predicted that "the North Pole will be ice-free in the summer by 2013 because of man-made global warming."

Last night I hankered down in front of the fireplace, with Padma also keeping herself warm with the electric iron. It was the perfect night for incurable romantics, and the new morning is all sunshine and blue skies.


Googlemap Riverbend