If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Claws of the Red Dragon

 

In mid-2019, a friend, an American correspondent for a Hong Kong newspaper, sent me a link to a website for the film 'Claws of the Red Dragon2, which was executive-produced by Steve Bannon, President Donald Trump's former chief strategist. I laighed. The presence of 'dragon' in any title about China tends to signal that it will be Orientalist and absurd. But to my horror, when I looked at the website, I saw that the film's main character, Jane Li, was 'based on the Chinese Canadian journalist Joanna Chiu.'"

 

 

I had to read 287 pages into Joanna Chiu's book "China Unbound - A New World Disorder" before I came to the above paragraph which introduced me to the docu-drama "Claws of the Red Dragon" which exposes the connection between Huawei and the Chinese Communist Party.

The film "Claws of the Red Dragon" is based on the arrest of “Mega Hi-Tech Chinese Heiress” and CFO Meng Wanzhou’s arrest in Canada, causing a political storm among the United States, China, and Canada.


Googlemap Riverbend