If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year!

 

It's the start of a new year, isn't it, Piglet?" said Pooh, all excited. "It certainly is", said Piglet. "What are you hoping for, this year?" asked Pooh. "Are you going to try and achieve some goals or ambitions? Make lots of money? Better yourself?"

"Well", said Piglet. "The thing is, Pooh, is that I am a very simple soul at heart. And I may not be right, when I say this ... but I have always felt that the most important thing in life - for me at least - is love. To love, and to be loved. So while Achieving Goals, and Making Money, and Bettering Yourself, might all be great things to dream of ... I can't help feeling that, without love, they would be very empty dreams indeed."

"So your hopes for the next year is ..."

"For love", said Piglet, simply. "For love, and for a regular walk through the Hundred Acre Wood with my very best friend, kicking up the leaves and talking as though we haven't a care in the world."

"That sounds just perfect to me", said Pooh. "Shall we go?"

And so the two friends put on their boots and their waterproofs, and walked out into the Hundred Acre Wood, kicking up leaves and talking as though they hadn't a care in the world.


Googlemap Riverbend