If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Death in the family

At first there were ten. Then they were down to nine. Then to eight. Then seven. Six. Five. The last goldfish felt so lonely, he gave himself up.

I think I, too, give up - on live goldfish anyway - and make myself my own 'Angelspiel'. As kids in Germany we had loads of fun with it: several cardboard cut-out fishes with a metal paperclip through the nose lying behind a cardboard screen to make them 'invisble' to the angler and a fishing rod with a small magnet for a hook which the angler dangles down over the screen.

Mustn't forget to wear my black armband though as I'm still in mourning!




I thought about how mothers feed their babies with tiny little spoons and forks, so I wondered what Chinese mothers use.

Toothpicks?