If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, June 30, 2022

"Riverbend" from a different perspective

"Riverbend" at low tide; guest cottage on the right

 

I haven't been on the river for such a long time that when Padma announced she would take the daily tourist boat upriver with a couple of ladyfriends from the Bay, I told her to take a photo of Riverbend's jetty house which she did and which you see above.

I had no time for such frivolous diversions as I was far too busy with sitting on the tractor and slashing all that long grass that's been left untouched since the big fire, cutting down the myriads of black wattle trees that have sprung up all over the place, splitting and stacking firewood, and building and planting a possum-proof vegie garden.

And for all of you who've been wondering where I spend most of my time when I'm NOT sitting on the tractor or cutting down black wattle with my chainsaw or stacking firewood or building possum-proof vegie gardens, here's a photo - taken by the same photographer - of my cosy reading room which is the bright-red building to the right of center.

Click on image to enlarge

 


Googlemap Riverbend