If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Always on Sunday

 

Always on Sunday, but especially on a cold and wintry Sunday as today, I think back to my Greek salad days and I wonder why I ever left all that wine, women, and song behind. Hubris had something to do with it and a misdiagnosed case of severe homesickness for a home which had changed even more than I had.

"Never on Sunday" takes me back to the time when I lived and worked in Piraeus which is also where the film was shot - the film's world-famous bouzouki theme, known to us as "Never on Sunday", is called "Ta Pedia tou Pirea" (The Children of Piraeus) in Greek - as it depicts all the things that are great about Greece: its food, its music, its people, its history.

"Never on Sunday" is a beautiful, down-to-earth, romantic comedy. Watch it on a hot summer's night and you'll believe you're in Greece already. Watch it on a cold Sunday morning with the mist still swirling off the icy waters of the Clyde River, and you'll get all warm inside.

 

 

Always on Sunday is a good time to watch "Never on Sunday"! "OPA!"


Googlemap Riverbend