If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, July 17, 2023

Early Monday morning and we're off to the pool!

Sorry but Padma isn't in the photo as someone had to press the button on the camera

 

Another week, another Monday! We'll spend our usual two hours in God's wading pool before Padma goes shopping at ALDI and I rehome some books from VINNIES and the Salvos.

It was a sunny but cold Sunday - still no rain with our tanks are running low! - and I stayed close to the fireplace and binge-watched a couple of DVDs while Padma had coffee with friends at Nelligen's River Cafe.

I watched "A Merry War" which is a movie adaptation of George Orwell's much lesser-known book "Keep the Aspidistra Flying" and Oliver Stone's film "JFK" about the assassination of John F. Kennedy which prompted me to follow it up with this excellent documentary on YouTube:

 

Click here to watch in separate window

 

My last job in town for the day will be to queue up at Centrelink with the rest of the unwashed to have my pulse taken so as to certify on the annual "Lebensbescheinigung" that I'm still alive and entitled to receive my German pension which was recently increased to €113.83 a month.

 

 

Living the life of Riley!


Googlemap Riverbend