If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, August 22, 2026

Saturday morning in Moruya

 

"WOMENS" and "MENS" at the Moruya Bowling Club

 

After yesterday's excursion to Eden, I was looking forward to a quiet day at "Riverbend" planting a few more trees (which I should've done thirty years ago), but Padma wanted to buy some lip balm which is only available at a certain pharmacy in Moruya. Fifty kilometres there and fifty kilometres back for a tiny tube of lip balm costing six dollars!

If I hadn't agreed to go, my life wouldn't have been worth living, and so I thought I make the best of it and visit my favourite op-shop and have lunch at the bowling club as well. I think it must've been my sense of frustration that made me take a photo of the club's "WOMENS" amd "MENS" toilet signs even though I'd seen them many times before. If they had wanted to make them plural they would've been wrong; if they had wanted to make them possessives, they would've been even 'wronger'.

 

 

I noticed the lady at the cash register had been watching me. To keep her happy, I ordered a piece of cake for dessert. The cash register displayed, "DESERT $9.50". Oh no! I'd lived long enough in Namibia and Saudi Arabia not to want another piece of desert, let alone have it for dessert, but it turned out to be delicious and was artfully decorated.

 

"Europe today has little desire to reproduce itself,
fight for itself or even take its own side in an argument."

 

The book beside the plate is Douglas Murray's book "The Strange Death of Europe - Immigration, Identity, Islam". It's happening in Europe; it's happening all over the Western world. Ignore it at your own peril!

 


Googlemap Riverbend