If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, February 13, 2009

The gorgeous GIORDY

My accordion-addiction is growing and I ordered a new and much smaller and lighter accordion some months ago from Italy. It's a hand-made CASTAGNARI Giordy which weighs a mere 1 kg and measures 14 x 9.5 centimetres! I ordered it in the same scales of G and C as my second-hand HOHNER accordion to allow me to play the same tunes on both. As it is hand-made, the delivery time is around three to four months and I expect delivery of it sometime in late February or early March. Don't even ask me how much this little beauty costs. All I am prepared to say is that it is very, very expensive!

You see me here trying a demo model. It's a truly small button accordion that packs the power of a larger model melodeon (the "proper" name for a button box!) into a tiny, tiny package.