If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I sure do pick them!



I asked a local contractor to give me a quote on some house renovations. Their cost breakdown nearly gave me a mental breakdown: $56,420 for labour and $43,190 for material - and that does not even include the kitchen installation, the kitchen appliances, the tiles and the floor-sanding! By the time I add those items, the total figure will be around $150,000.

A friend up the lane recently had a whole new house built and fitted out for $180,000! The same friend told me that my prospective contractor had an argument with another customer, so perhaps I won't even bother to discuss the quote.

I believe in the principle of "Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat " but why take chances? Home renovations postponed!

Or should I source everything myself?

I am told that Paul at New Image Kitchens in Nowra offers some of the best kitchen deals on the coast.

And Bing Lee offer a huge choice of kitchen cooktops and ranges.

Then there is Reece for all bathroom accessories, while Rivoland Tiles is said to have the best range of bathroom and kitchen tiles.

I guess we'll be doing some travelling over the next week or two to visit showrooms in the Bay, at Nowra, and in Canberra.