If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, October 15, 2010

Toni, I want my money back!

R.I.P. - Root-bound in Paradise

A very long time ago, many years before I had even heard of "Riverbend", I bought a book written by a Toni Mackenzie, "A Small Place in The Country - A Practical Guide to Rural Living in Australia".

I carried this book with me as a kind of vademecum during all those years while I sweated it out in Papua New Guinea, drank warm beer in Burma, and got kicked by camels in Saudi Arabia. It was my connection with a saner and better world to come!

Well, Toni never mentioned root-bound absorption trenches which I have been digging up for the last two days! I think I have nearly got to the 'root' of the problem but, having got this far, and with the hole being just about the right length and depth, I might as well keep it uncovered as I probably won't get away from here in time anyway.

In the meantime, Toni, I want my money back!