If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Shitless no more!

There's something wrong with this blog's heading
but I'm too dyslexic to work it out!


I drove into the Bay this morning for some shopping and to talk to my Retirement Planners & Consultants, Fishmore & Dolittle. To help me take my mind of the financial gloom and doom, they suggested that I join the Batemans Bay Men's Shed, a merry bunch of old codgers who make all things wooden: bird boxes, garden benches, picture frames, wooden spoons - you name it, somebody there makes them.

It was still early when I turned up at the Shed. Only three men were there. I knew I was in the right company when Ian, evidently the leader, hailed me with a hearty "Windy, isn't it" to which one of his sidekicks replied, "No, it's Thursday." The third one, who had listend in, piped up, "So am I! Let's grab a beer."

Well, how could I resist? I've joined up and I am shedless no more! Who said dyslexia wasn't curable?

(Actually, I do have a shed but mine is a man's shed whereas theirs is a men's shed and therein lies the difference because it's always more fun doing things together, isn't it?)


Of course, the most important reason for my going into the Bay was to buy a new water filter for my aquarium. Sounds fishy? You bet! This aquarium hasn't seen a fish for over ten years and it's about time it was put back into use (as if I didn't have enough other things to do already!)



Now the air bubbles are bubbling, the water filter is filtering, and the heater is heating it all to a comfortable 20° Centigrade - the little fishies will love it when I get them next week.