If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dad's Land Army

The Germans have a much better word for real estate: Immobilien. It pretty much sums up your immobilised life as you can't go anywhere while you forever maintain, repair and improve your own little piece of dirt.

And so each morning I slap on my hat and slip into my gumboots and wander down to my workshop to draw the necessary tools to cut grass or fell trees or build fences or construct staircases.




The nerve centre which once housed my three horses.
Now it houses all my horsepower


The back of the house - and more grass to cut


The Great Wall from across the pond


The staircase in the Great Wall


A section of the new fence