If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Patent Pending



It's a completely rained-out day but the beat goes on: the previously short-delivered timber has arrived and I have finished the horizontal balcony rails. I am now working on my latest brainchild: an external access to the balcony from the verandah.

Hitherto - I thought you might like the sound of this word - hitherto one - it's always one when one uses such archaic words - one had to go inside the house, climb the stairs to the upstairs living room, and exit from there through the sliding doors onto the balcony. Try doing that on a hot summer's day with a full carton of beer under your arm and you know what I mean.

Hence my external ladder-cum-trapdoor of which you can't see very much at this stage except for one light-blue upright post against the wall. However, all shall be revealed when everything is in place, including my patent application for this ingenious design.