If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, December 17, 2012

10 Aussie books to read before I die

 

Well, according to the ABC's First Tuesday Book Club, they are:

  1. Cloudstreet - Tim Winton
  2. The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
  3. A Fortunate Life - A.B. Facey
  4. The Harp in the South - Ruth Park
  5. The Power of One - Bryce Courtenay
  6. Jasper Jones - Craig Silvey
  7. The Magic Pudding - Norman Lindsay
  8. The Slap - Christos Tsiolkas
  9. The Secret River - Kate Grenville
  10. Picnic at Hanging Rock - Joan Lindsay

With one foot in the grave, I'm glad I've read seven of them already. I guess I just have to catch up with numbers 6, 8 and 9 before my own number is up.