If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Cool Christmas Day

 

After yesterday's sweltering heat, today's drop in temperature to the mid-twenties is most welcome as is the light rain which I was eager to catch by adding another red downpipe to the carport's roof.

I took the periscope design straight from DAS BOOT:

 

 

I hope you're enjoying Christmas as much as I do. I'm slightly pissed which is entirely your fault as I've been drinking too many toasts to your good health and continued good fortunes. May the best of your yesterdays be the worst of your tomorrows. As for myself, with six new pairs of socks and a like number of new boxer underpants beneath the Christmas tree, I am ready to face whatever the new year wants to throw at me.

Meanwhile, good ol' Miranda Gibson has been listening to the Queen's Christmas Message from the top of her own Christmas tree:

"Tasmanian anti-logging activist Miranda Gibson is spending her second Christmas Day in her tree-top home. Ms Gibson has been living on a platform in a eucalyptus tree, 60 metres above the forest floor in the Tyenna Valley in southern Tasmania, for more than a year. She has been campaigning to protect high conservation-value forests from logging, and says she hopes it will be her last Christmas in the tree. 'I would really like to be coming down in 2013,' she said."