If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Friday, December 28, 2012

Seeking air-conditioned asylum

Manus Island

Asylum seekers on Manus Island, through Amnesty International, have demanded a response from the Department if Immigration by close of business today about a range of things, foremost a lack of air conditioners.

Why didn't I think of contacting Amnesty International when I spent all those years in Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, Thursday Island, Samoa, Rangoon and Penang Island with not a whisper of an air conditioner?

In fact, the last few days at "Riverbend" have been pretty hot and I could've done with Amnesty International's help to have the Australian government give me an air conditioner.

I had better get started and write them a letter. Mind you, I don't like my chances of getting a reply. I am still waiting for a reply to a letter I wrote to the local council some months ago. Of course, I am not an asylum seeker; I am merely an Australian citizen and taxpayer.

P.S. By the way, a South American scientist from Argentina, after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain and sexual activity read blogs with their hand on the mouse.
DON'T BOTHER TAKING IT OFF NOW, IT'S TOO LATE!!!