If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Who was Sigurd Kibsgaard?

 

Our weekly trip to Ulladulla is always something to look forward to: a long swim in the heated pool, lunch at the local Chinese, a bit of shopping, and a stop at the Lions Park at Burrill Lake for the dogs.

I was sitting on a bench by the lake, reading my latest op-shopped book, Frozen Desire - An Inquiry into the Meaning of Money by James Buchan, when I looked down at my feet (bits and pieces of me are beginning to fall off, so I keep checking ☺ ) and saw this:


"The Vikings are coming!"

Who was Sigurd Kibsgaard? I'm more into Kierkegaard myself but I guess Sigurd Kibsgaard was not your average Ocker either. Judging by his name, he must have been a latter-day Viking from Norway who somehow finished up in Ulladulla as member of the local LIONS CLUB.

Don't we live in a wonderfully multi-cultural country?