If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Thursday, September 25, 2014

I'm a member of the Apostrophe Protection Society

 

An old friend whom I had emailed about hobbies - or rather, the lack thereof - sent me this reply:

"Pete, my hobby is checking out sheila's [sic] with big tits."

It seems that he hasn't been weaned off the misuse of the apostrophe either but, being an old mate from my New Guinea days, I haven't got the heart to dob him in with the Apostrophe Protection Society.

Anyway, when even the university town of Cambridge is doing away with the apostrophe, who am I to complain? Indeed, who am I? ☺