If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Monday, June 1, 2015

"Am fed up with everything here. Next Friday I go to Zakynthos."

 

So wrote an ex-staff member from my previous office in Piraeus. And she continued, "Still have a lot of things to do before I can go. It's too much for me, especially the packing."

To which I replied, "Whoopey! You're off to your favourite island again which means I can look forward to receiving another pretty postcard ☺ As for packing, DON'T! The best part of travelling is the liberating feeling of leaving behind everything that weighs you down. Don't even take your toothbrush; I am sure you can buy one on the island!"

Sound advice which I followed for twenty years: from 1965 to 1985 all my worldly possession fitted comfortably into one medium-sized suitcase. Then, after my return to Australia, I started to accumulate: stuff, stuff, and more stuff! How I wished I could leave it all behind and go to my own Zakynthos! I wouldn't even bother to take my toothbrush!