If you find the text too small to read on this website, press the CTRL button and,
without taking your finger off, press the + button, which will enlarge the text.
Keep doing it until you have a comfortable reading size.
(Use the - button to reduce the size)

Today's quote:

Saturday, May 28, 2016

The start to another weekend

 

Waiting for Padma to finish her shopping last night, I made a quick dash for the local pub but somehow found it difficult to mix with the crowd. My hell-raising days are definitely over!

So I went and cleared my mailbox which, predictably, only contained bills. One was the monthly VISA card statement. Judging by the closing balance, Padma must've used the card for more than just scraping the frost off the windscreen.

Anyway, the friendly VISA people quite pleasantly suggested that my "minimum payment due" was a mere $25. And helpfully added, "if you make no additional charges using this card and each month you pay only the minimum payment, you will pay off the closing balance shown on this statement in about 9 years and you will end up paying estimated total interest charges of $1,493.29". I am told that some people actually follow that advice!

And this morning, something called 'WINDOWS 10' insidiously and totally uninvited installed itself on my laptop. So far so good but I'm a bit peeved by this constant greeting, "I'm Cortana. Ask me anything."

C-o-r-t-a-n-a ? Who the hell is Cortana? Where did we meet? I guess I have the whole weekend to figure it out.